If you’re curious about Shahnaz’s/my writer side, you’re in the right place. I write out of my love of adventure and story-telling, and I am a freelance writer too – so if you have a project that might be up my alley, get in touch!
General topics of interest: farming, sustainable agriculture, volunteering, travel, public health, science communication, the writing process, social media and branding, sustainability, impact investing, entrepreneurship, women’s empowerment, work-life balance, pursuing your passion…
I work with different clients and write on topics as diverse as social media use and the science behind anti-aging. Here’s one recent example of an article I wrote for Social Tables, “Social Media for Venues: 10 Must-Try Ideas“.
Beyond that, my main platforms are:
- This blog
- Medium, under the username @sradjy
- Startup Grind (my fave article is “5 business lessons from Game of Thrones“)
- Two Drops of Ink, where I am a monthly contributor
That said, I do regularly submit pieces to third parties and sometimes they even get published! (Can you hear the crowd cheering too, or is that just me?) Here’s a sample of some of my favorite articles:
Holstee’s Mindful Matter Blog
- “Time for Reflection”
- “How to Find Your Passion? Start Where You Are“
- “The Adventure of Standing Still”
- “Instructions for Growth”
- “Enjoying the Little Things“
- “Recipe for Reflection“
- “In One’s Own Way“
Other Guest Posts
- EcoTourLinQ: “Farm Stays in Italy, Germany, Portugal” (Part 1) & “Farm Stays in the UK, Ireland, and North America” (Part II)
- Two Drops of Ink: “The Broken Promise of a Smoker“
- Thought Catalogue: “The Hardest Thing About Love“
- Agritecture: “Landlocked hydroponics: Part of the solution to resilient food production?“
Winner of the Two Drops of Ink Writing Contest, Fall 2018:“My Secret Legacy”
I also juggle side projects (don’t all writers?) so if you’re interested, ask me about NaNoWriMo or that children’s story I might have tucked into a back pocket.
From December 2017 to January 2019, I worked part-time for Pure Portugal, a wonderful community-based website that advertises rural properties for sale in Portugal. Among other things, I frequently contributed to their blog, both in English and French.
Questions? Suggestions? An idea for a collaboration? Need something translated (English – French – Spanish, and maybe from Portuguese if it’s really necessary)? Get in touch!